Siena Nurses are SAINTS
Siena’s Baldwin Nursing program prepares caring, compassionate and innovative leaders in nursing. Whether you’re just finishing up your associate’s degree or you’ve been an RN for decades, the program’s convenience, cohort approach, caring science curriculum and state-of-the-art health assessment lab make this B.S. in Nursing degree an ideal way to advance your education and career.
The Baldwin Nursing Program provides a dynamic and interactive experience that supports lifelong learning to promote excellence in your academic and professional practice. Using a caring science curriculum, this unique program focuses on educating nurses to work with individuals, families, groups and communities from a health promotion perspective and an ethic of caring.
This program also recognizes the knowledge and education that you as a Registered Nurse bring from past experiences and provides you an opportunity to integrate these professional experiences into your academic program.
- Finish in as few as 24 months: Full-time students can complete the program in as few as 24 months; part-time within three to four years. If you already have a bachelor’s in another field, you can earn your degree in as few as 16 months.
- The perfect schedule for the working nurse: All classes in our RN to BS in Nursing program are offered on Wednesdays throughout the academic year, and we admit in both fall and spring terms. This way, you can earn your degree while continuing to manage other life and work responsibilities. In fact, most classes are hybrid, allowing you to have reduced seat time in the classroom.
- State of the art health assessment lab:
Our health assessment lab is equipped with all the needed assessment equipment for you to learn advanced health assessments.
- Cohort Approach: Our cohort approach, coupled with our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio, means that you will be among a small group of nurses and professors the entire time. This environment, where students’ knowledge and skills are highly valued, is perfect for creating a support network and meaningful relationships that last well beyond the program.
- Caring Science Curriculum: Our program’s unique Caring Science Curriculum will offer you opportunities to learn how to care not only for others, but also for yourself. We feel this balance is critically important to becoming a kind, caring practitioner.
- Preparation for your future: With a BS in Nursing from Siena College, you’ll be prepared for many career options in your community, including hospitals, clinics, academic settings and more. You can pursue further education leading to advanced practice nursing (APRN) roles such as nurse practitioner, educator, care coordination and leadership.
For curriculum or degree program questions, contact:
Lisa M. Flack, DNS, MS, RN
Director of the Baldwin Nursing Program
For application and admissions questions, contact:
Jen Sloan ’98